Saturday 13 December 2014

Completed Magazine Advert

























 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I am really proud of how my magazine advert has turned out. I used the artist name (which is also the album title) to draw the readers’ attention by making it very large and stark white. Then the font around the image brings the reader down to the bar in the lower third, where I have used a rejected cover design as a deluxe version. I think this works well as it was the favourite design, but wouldn’t work in attracting casual fans. The deluxe album is most likely to be bought by dedicated fans, would wouldn’t really need the clarity of the white font. Furthermore the deluxe edition would be released after the original, so people would likely be familiar with the image.

I gave some of the text a slightly transparent appearance because I think it looks very delicate and attractive, suiting my artist’s image. I have also created synergy with the album in many ways, including-

-        Images from the digipak, most obviously the main image is featured on the disk. The hair in particular is very noticeable as reflecting the album.

-        I have again used the Riesling font, with ‘Lily Palmer’ having a similar effect with double lines.

-        The colour scheme is the same with a dominant use of pink, and white text. The other text is also the same colour as the text on the deluxe album.

I also decided to add a website and twitter handle to help viewers to find out more about my artist and her music. The twitter handle particularly appeals to Palmer’s technology-savvy, social network loving target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment