Friday 18 July 2014

Inspiration: Lights

Disco Lights

I really want to incorporate disco lights in my music video. It would make the video look really exciting and colourful. I think it would work for a performance based video, or a performance segment.


Fairy Lights  

I have some fairy lights in my bedroom, and I really like the way they can make things look really pretty and twinkly. In my music video I could put some in a tree to light up a dark location, or even wrap them around my artist for a quirky performance. I also like how close up shots of fairy lights go blurry.

Candles

As well as fairy and disco lights, I think candles are so pretty. They would have a natural look and not appear artificial. They could be used to add a bit of a twinkle if I film in the evening, or hang from trees to give a woodland scene a really beautiful effect.
One issue I would have to overcome if using candles outside would be the wind. Especially if using many candles, I would have to look at a forecast and try to film on a day with less wind. I would also try to film in a sheltered area.


Glow Sticks

Glow sticks would also look really awesome in a music video, however I would only use them a little bit. This is because I would need a dark mise-en-scene, otherwise they would not have the same effect.
I also came across this website showing how to make glowing jars using the liquid from glow sticks. I could use these outside without having to worry about the wind like I would with candles.
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Mason-Jar-Glow-Stick-Lanterns

No comments:

Post a Comment