Wednesday 27 August 2014

Song Choice 2: Lilly Wood & Robin Schulz- Prayer in C


My first thought for a music video for this song was narrative-based, focussed on a woman's distress after her boyfriend left her. I pictured my artist singing in a wood in winter, with leafless trees metaphorically symbolising the end of the relationship.
However I then thought about creating a concept-based video- focusing on the metaphors, I could produce a music video themed around global issues such as climate change. For each verse I would film a scene showing the opposite if the lyrics- what humankind has done to destroy our world.

Hey, when seas will cover lands

And when men will be no more

Don’t think you can forgive you

For example in this verse I would film teenagers driving on a road trip. I would combine close-ups of the actors' elated faces and the exhaust fumes to show their complete disregard for the fact that they are using precious resources.
These scenes would contrast with the chorus.
 
Ya, You never said a word

You didn’t send me no letter

Don’t think I could forgive you
Here my artist would be performing alone in a wintery wood. She would be singing to the previous generation who used all the resources and left her world very primitive and obsolete. For her appearance I was inspired by the styling of the ‘Grounder’ leader Anya in American T.V. show The 100- messy hair with loads of tiny braids, and heavy makeup including black eye shadow.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment